THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE HIRING A PRIVATE DETECTIVE?
Methods of Discreet Communication:
It has been our experience that the first thing that most people need to consider before hiring a Private Detective/Investigator is to determine the means of communication between yourself and the Private Investigator. This is extremely relevant during Infidelity Investigations cases when a spouse is afraid to make or receive contact with the Private Investigator. So if you have a telephone that can be monitored by the person or entity you want investigated? Our 1st recommendation would be to get a pre-paid calling card.Our 2nd recommendation is to create a new email account (Yahoo, Google, MSN etc.) for email communications and make sure that yo delete your browsing history every time you visit a Private Investigation website. Clear the cache, cookies, history, passwords and forms in the browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla-Firefox, Maxthon, Netscape etc.) that you use to surf the Internet. Our 3rd recommendation is to determine the best time & days of the week that the Private Investigator can contact you. It may also be necessary to have you (the client) communicate with us when it is appropriate. Nonetheless, this a very important factors to consider before contact a Private Investigation Agency. However, if you have any questions regarding methods & times of communication?
Feel free to contact us at(877)687-3939/OUR-EYEZ and we can discuss a variety of available options.
Keys to a Successful Investigation: Discreetness & Planning
Conducting an investigation on a person who is aware of such an investigation, allows the person who is to be investigated to hide, alter or destroy possible evidence that could be used against them. DO NOT TAKE UNNECESSARY RISK AND POSSIBLY COMPROMISE YOUR INVESTIGATION. ***Loose lips, sink ships***.The best results oriented investigation is done when the fewest people are aware of it. There are plenty of cases where our clients have hired a Private Investigator on more then one occasion. Time after time, clients contact us (Private Investigators) after they have informed & confronted the person that is to be investigated of their prior investigative attempts. When clients behave is this manor, it increases the risk of harm to our investigators (male & female alike) and or the overall cost to provide a results oriented investigation, which may not even be possible. This type of thinking comes from either immaturity and or a lack of planning. Use the evidence from an investigation in a mature & useful manor. Take the time to prepare yourself before the investigation and have a useful plan for the information we obtain during the investigation.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.
THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHEN EVALUATING A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR:
Corinthian Group Private Investigation Agency has provided the public this important so that informed decisions can be made on future investigations.
The following are tips to aid you in evaluating which private investigator to work with. Private Investigations are an investment in your relationship, family, business and future in general. So as is suggested to every good investor,DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Determine the ROI (Return on Investment) and make sure you can live with it prior to making the investment. Like those savvy Investors who invest in Stocks/Mutual Funds, Real Estate and or Business Ventures. The wise Investor must determine:
1. BACKGROUND/HISTORY-Look into a prospective companies (Private Investigation Agency) PI State License # (if applicable), types of insurances, affiliations with Professional Industry related Associations, services, other types of professional licenses, how many partners & employees. (IE. – Determine if the Private Investigation Agency you are considering, has the experience, resources, insurance coverage needed for your type of investigation.) Also consider that you may need investigation services in the future.
2. EXPERIENCE-Some Private Investigators have little or no investigative experience. There are some who have retired from a law enforcement or military career and have now decided that being a Private Investigator would be a fun way to make a living. They enroll in a Private Detective school for two months or so, maybe take a PI licensing test and they become a P.I. This does not mean they are qualified to investigate your case? It is important that you know the qualifications, certifications, education and applicable experience of the Private Investigator that will be working on your case. The more experienced the Private Investigator, the greater the likelihood that your desired results will be achieved. It is our experience that clients need a private investigator that does this type of investigation or surveillance regularly. They do not need to be former CIA or FBI agents, but having Law Enforcement experience & ties can be extremely useful. However, they should be experienced investigative experts in that specified area.
3. POTENTIAL RISKS-Make sure that when you speak to prospective Private Investigations Agencies, that you understand all the risks involved. A Private Investigator should reveal all risks that could arise during an investigation. (IE. – Losing vehicles in traffic, not obtaining the information that you wanted, finding information that you weren’t prepared for, actual capabilities of equipments used, etc.) Be careful for the PI who is more concerned with getting your money, instead of discussing possible risks. It is important to have a Private Investigator that actually cares about what’s in your best interest. An honest Private Investigator should inform you that there are NO GUARANTEES WITH INVESTIGATION & SURVEILLANCE OUTCOMES. However, we can and should guarantee our work quality, products and cost efficiency.
4. STRATEGY-Ask the prospective Private Investigation Agency what type of strategy (Plan of Action) does he/she have for the investigation. Always, consider a Private Investigation Agency that does its best to limit and or eliminate unnecessary risks, cost & exposure by employing a Plan of Action that will insure that the investigation is conducted efficiently. (IE. – Employs experienced surveillance tandems or teams on most if not all surveillances assignments, has access to multiple vehicles to avoid detection (from neighbors, employees, Law Enforcement, person under investigation, etc. and has a back up plan if things don’t work out according to plan.)
5. EQUIPMENT-Like Gadgets to 007, investigative equipment & resources help Private Investigators conduct vehicle pursuits without losing the vehicle for long periods of time, prevent detection by person(s) being investigated and allows for the obtaining of video/photographic evidence under a variety of unforeseen circumstances. (IE – Covert surveillance equipment, night vision equipment & capabilities, skip tracing tools, GPS tracking devices, Debugging/ TSCM (Technical surveillance Countermeasure) equipment, wireless internet connected laptops, computer programs etc. These things will insure that you’ve made a sound investment.
6. GET IT IN WRITING-Like any other service, you should get a contract that indicates what you are hiring the P.I. for and what you will get in return. If they cannot or will not sign a contract, then you have saved yourself a lot of grief and move on to the next candidate.
7. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR